Sunday, January 22, 2012

English Paper Piecing

I mentioned in my last post that I want to start a hand project so I have something portable or that I can work on in the evenings. I love English Paper Piecing and really want to do a hexie scrap quilt. If hexagons aren't your favorite, there are lots of other shapes too.

If you're considering quilting along on this project, I have a great website for you. Paper Pieces.com sells paper piecing supplies in just about any size or shape you can imagine. I'm telling you about this right now because they have a nice special going on this week, so you may want to get some supplies in before we start.

Here's a link to their homepage - be sure and get on their mailing list so you get notified about all the good deals!! Like the Fiesta Peel pattern that's absolutely calling out my name.  :)


I've already committed to myself to do a diamond pattern with hexies, but I'd also like to do a star quilt and a tumbler quilt someday.

This will be a quilt I plan to work on very slowly so if you've ever wanted to try EPP, here's your chance to ease into it without feeling any pressure to finish by a certain date.

What do you think? Let me know if you want to join me or even if you're just considering it . . . . and I'll talk you into it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment